Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

Because of our roadtrip home last Thursday from Disney - I failed to give my "Thankful Thursday" blog... I'll catch up today!

1) I'm so very thankful for our families that live near us... my in-laws and my mother are extremely helpful when I need an extra hand or even when I need a breather; I know we are blessed to have them on hand to help with Thomas (and soon Abby). I have always told people that there is no way that I could do the things I have to do for work or even for pleasure (with Brian TDY & deployed so much) without the help of our families. "Blessed" is probably an understatement.

2) My king-sized bed. Really there just isn't much more to say about that. It is heaven especially when exhaustion hits both of us. Especially with how big & uncomfortable I am.

3) How good of a sleeper Thomas is - its not just now (although he pulls an 11-12 hour solid night sleep), but he really has always been a good sleeper. Granted we too had to deal with all the middle of the night getting up and feedings - but that comes along with newborns. I guess I try to attribute part of it to the fact that he has slept in his own crib & in his own room since the 2nd night we brought him home from the hospital. He has never slept with us in our bed and I did have to try some of the "tough love" (letting him cry for a while) for several weeks. But... in the end... Thomas is a very good sleeper. To this day, he still won't get out of his bed until I come in and get him. Hmmm... I hope that doesn't backfire on me one day.

No comments: