Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chill'in with no where to go

After running around with our heads cut off yesterday (we went in the car 3 different times), I decided that both Thomas and I needed to just stay put today. I say, "Chill'in with no where to go," but the truth is I could run around town everyday and still not have enough time to get things done. But staying put today was necessary. When I have to cart Thomas all over creation each day, he doesn't have an opportunity to burn off energy and he just isn't happy like he normally is. In addition to him, I needed the rest. I feel like I'm running on fumes lately and starting to get really uncomfortable - sadly enough, even walking around is getting harder, let alone running after a toddler, him climbing all over me, me getting down on the floor to play with him... you get my drift. Just hard.

Anyway - after breakfast and a quick episode of "Immagination Movers" on Clubhouse Disney channel (a new favorite of his), we were dressed and out taking Ziggy for a walk while Thomas rode his big wheels around the neighborhood. The weather is beautiful and it felt great. When we got back we hit the pool... his toddler pool that is. It has been many weeks since we filled it up so I thought it would be a good morning thing for us to play with.





Is this considered skinny-dipp'in?
After spending an hour in the pool, we headed inside to get dressed and have some lunch. Thomas wanted to watch "Cars" today so I decided since TV had been pretty limited the last 2 days that it would be OK. I actually let him do something that I have never done - let him eat lunch (grilled cheese and steamed broccoli) in the family room in front of the TV. I guess my rule of thumb is you eat meals at the kitchen table and you don't watch TV either while eating. Today was an exception and he ate everything on his plate while enjoying his movie. This will certainly not be a regular thing, but he was adorable to watch enjoy himself.

No comments: