Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday in town

It was a fairly early morning out the door - lots of things to take care of in town! Our first stop was to school to check out AP scores that were just released. I grabbed my personal class results out of my mailbox and headed upstairs to my classroom to look them over. My sidekick grabbed all the dry erase markers and board erasers he could find and hit the boards. This was pure entertainment for him.
Then he wanted to color on paper at one of my student desks... he is still a little small for the big kids' desks but he didn't do too bad.
After hitting the bank drive-thru, we headed to McDonalds where we enjoyed some breakfast and the great indoor playground. Out of all the Mickey-Ds I have been to in the panhandle area, the one on Mary Esther Cutoff in FWB is the only one that accomodates little toddlers with their own climbing & slide area. I really like it!

The last pitstop (which I wasn't looking forward to) was dropping the minivan off at VW for more work on the alarm. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I had to wait for the rental car people to show up, then I had to move the carseat over to that van (pain in the butt), and then head back to the rental office to do the paperwork - all while keeping Thomas occupied & happy. By this point, he had been such a trooper, but he was quickly running out of steam. Bless his heart. Anyway - not sure how long I will have this rental... fingers crossed its not too long. Meanwhile, we have made it home and nap time is in full swing.

No comments: