Monday, July 6, 2009

(Not) Monday Madness

Today was definately NOT Monday Madness like it so normally feels like. I guess in part because Daddy was home from work today (RHS got a 4-day weekend... very nice!) so the day started off with everyone sleeping in. We got some much needed rain today so it was perfect for just slumming around the house - although I can tell you that I hardly ever feel like I'm just poking around not doing anything. Matter of fact, I'm usually darting around the house doing all kinds of small projects or tasks at one time (its almost like I'm ADD) - we teachers/moms call this "multi-tasking"! Anyways, I'm doing this all the while holding conversations with Thomas (and Brian) from different rooms. This whole "multi-tasking" usually comes to a halt when Thomas says, "sit Ma-ma sit." Then I stop whatever I'm doing and just play with Thomas for a little while - which of course is wonderful just to be with him one-on-one. But after awhile, my laundry list of things I want to get done creeps back into my head and I start again darting around the house. Repeat process all day.

I did however get a lot done in the baby's room - lots of sorting, throwing away of things that have been stored in there for the last 3 years and have never moved (that is a clear sign it can go), and organizing. In addition, today and tonight have made some progress on Week #1 homework for my M.Ed class - aughhhhhh! Did not realize that this class ends the week the baby is supposed to be born... great timing Michelle. No seriously, what if she comes early???? I'm just not going to think about that and do the weekly readings, journals, papers and team discussions/work each week as it comes. Gheeez - what was I thinking?

A great way to end the day is with a fabulous dinner - that is what we had tonight compliments of Brian. Our friend Ryan went scallopping over the holiday weekend down in Steinahatchee and brought back a lot of fresh scallops for us to cook an awesome dinner with. So Ryan came for dinner and Brian cooked up a Shrimp & Scallop dish that had Old Bay seasoning (most used spice in the Heck household) with some wonderful cream sauce and tri-color rotinis. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of it but we ate it too quickly. Oh man... it was good and we ate way too much like usual!

Tomorrow is back to the usual - Brian to work and Thomas & me doing our thing. Not sure whether we will head to Gymboree or the other direction and go walk around Hurlburt's airplane park tomorrow morning...mmmm? I'll have to wait and see how we feel and what the weather holds for us. Enjoy your week everyone!

No comments: