Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New birthday!

My 36-week appointment was quick & painless today. Nothing out of the ordinary. Met the doctor that will be preforming my C-section and had a quick talk regarding the surgery. Speaking of surgery - our date has changed! Our new C-section date is Friday, August 7th! Heart beat was good, weight gain is normal for me, & my swelling is still OK. Speaking of swelling - I finally had to take my rings off this morning... it was just getting to be too much and I didn't want them to have to be cut off down the road. The experts say that the baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (this is just an estimate). At the end of this week, she will be considered full term and could be born at anytime and be considered "healthy." There is definately NOT much room inside of me for her to be moving around (it is cramped quarters for sure), yet she is still poking me, kicking me & attempting to wiggle around. Oh does it make for some middle of the night wake-ups!

After my appointment, I had the luxery of going to treat myself to a manicure & pedicure. Oh was it a delight. The last time I went was late April for my sister's wedding... oh, I was long overdue. Not to mention the fact that I can't even see my feet anymore, let alone try and take care of them. I think Brian told me that I scratched him one night with my "claws" (as he lovingly refers to my feet). It felt so nice to sit in the massage chair, soak in hot water, read my "trash magazines" and have someone pamper my poor feet. Not sure when the next time I will have a chance to do that with Abby on her way.

No comments: