Monday, July 13, 2009

A Monday Kickstart

Man... I'm not sure if I'm glad Monday is here or not. The day started very early - 5:15am! I needed to get Thomas up, moving & out the door by 6:30am. With a shower out of the way & a cup of yummy coffee in hand, I thought I had another 30-45 minutes for myself... I was mistaken... he was up at 6am.

First on the agenda was to bring the VW Routan in for some work on my alarm that seems to have a mind of its own. Anyway - dropped it off by 7ish and we used Brian's truck for the day. Second, stopped by school so I could get some more materials to do more lesson plans & start putting my classroom back in order (because the janitors clean & wax the floors over the summer). Thomas was precious - he just used my dry erase markers and colored on all my boards while I was working. He did pretty good in a high school classroom! Finally, after a quick stop on base to say hi to Grannie at her work & enjoy some breakfast, we headed home. Apparently 6am was a little too early for my little man because he was fast asleep in the car (and then I just laid him in his bed) at 9:45am. His 2nd nap was for almost 3 hours (mine was 2 hours). We were pooped puppies all day long.

Afternoon coloring outside; rain kept it kinda cool outside so it was enjoyable. Nana got us a huge roll of art paper so I figured I would start using it when we are outside - makes for lots of coloring room.
Mommy even added some of her own artwork (see note on bottom right)
Fixing dinner - Thomas is getting ready to help me make corn bread while Brian is frying up our Snapper. Don't mind his mouth all over the spatula... I ended up washing before we made the bread.
After dinner - adding to the picture we started this afternoon with Daddy.
Video Clip - After dinner we were outside playing - Thomas & Daddy decided to make "casting" a game. They each had one of Thomas' fishing rods and the idea was to make it into the cooler. Too funny. BTW... Thomas is getting much better at cranking the reel and casting - its kind of amazing what a few days of practice will do.

No comments: