Saturday, July 25, 2009

Big start, big finish!

The day started off BIG! When I say big, I mean a big pancake at IHOP! Because of errands (picking up the VW that is now officially fixed... Whoa!!!) in town, Grannie & Poppie wanted to tag along & take a certain little boy out to breakfast so we hit up the famous breakfast place on our way. Check out this huge "build-a-face" pancake with bananas, strawberries and whipcream (not to mention the yogurt that it was also served with). Needless to say, Thomas ate a good breakfast!

Once Thomas went down for a nap (and before I laid down too), I had to try and complete some kind of task. So... I started to pack my "hospital bag" (key word: started) and also looked at what bottles & breastmilk storage bag stuff I have. I got out the green container that has been stored away in the closet for the last year and surveyed my supplies. The plan is to breastfeed the baby just as I did Thomas, however I need to have the bottle situation under control for those times when I am away or someone else wants some "feeding" time with Abby. Needless to say, I threw away 1/3 of the things that are on this table... things that I have just been hanging onto; things that I never even used with Thomas the first year; things that basically I had no need for.

Thomas and me spent about an hour in our pool today playing as we waited for Brian and the boys to return home from a fishing trip. Brian's fishing trips are quickly coming to a close with Abby's arrival around the corner and the deployment shortly after that. So... what better way to wind down a fishing season than with a BIG finish! Check out the stock that the boys caught today...


Thomas & an AmberJack (AJ) - which one is bigger?

The catch - AJ, "Chicken" Mahi-Mahi, Grouper, Scamp Grouper, Almaco Jack and Bonito (for bait). What didn't make it into the boat was a 7 foot shark, 50 lb Mahi-Mahi, Snapper, and a Trumpet fish. Whoa! The freezer is stocked with good eat'ins!

No comments: