Monday, July 20, 2009

Alarm

As I sit here at the computer this Monday morning enjoying my cup of coffee and checking emails before Thomas gets up - I am deciding whether I should be tactful and civilized when I call VW this morning OR whether I should just act the part of the insane, hormonial pregnant lady. Let me back up for a second and explain. I was without my minivan last week for 4 days while they attempted to figure out why my car alarm has randomly been going off. After lots of diagnostic tests and even pulling apart the fuse box and reattaching all the fuses - they were still uncertain if they had "fixed" the problem. Anyway - got the van back on Thursday afternoon and I have kept my fingers crossed since. Well, heck... I must have accidently uncrossed them late yesterday afternoon because the damn alarm went off 3 times in a matter of an hour. And, NO... it wasn't a cat jumping on the car. I shouldn't say this, but I'm going to anyway - I'm pissed! The service department opens in 25 minutes and I will be the first phone call they have to deal with this Monday morning. Auuuughhhhhhhh! You know what - they should just give me a brand new VW. Same color, same model... same everything but one that has an alarm that works right.

I'll keep you posted.
Update - the poor Service Manager actually knows my phone number on caller ID. Sad, I know. Anyway - he called me back right away and said bring it in Thursday morning because we are flying a VW technician in from TN to handle this. They also will have a rental car/van waiting for me. Hmmm. Good. But I just want it fixed or a brand new one.

No comments: