Sunday, November 28, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
- My "few" pounds might actually equate to 5 lbs. Oh that is so bad. Does being pregnant count at all here people?
- On a positive note, Abbigail has been having more and more good reports at school lately... I'm just wondering why this is happening when she hasn't even hit the Terrible Twos - Heck, we aren't even at 1.5 years old yet.
- I have failed at starting my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. I didn't even indulge or partake in Black Friday shopping... although I was quite tempted to do some online shopping. Time just got away from me.
- These last few days off have been a welcome school break... especially mentally.
- Ziggy has his annual appointment complete with shots/vaccines tomorrow morning. My hopes are that he has lost some of the 10 lbs that he packed on the year leading up to last year's physical. Fingers crossed. Additionally, we will be scheduling a small surgerical procedure for him to have a growth under his neck removed in the very immediate future.
- Hoping to convince my Hubby that next weekend should be our Christmas Decorating weekend... fingers crossed. He's probably going to try and devert and postpone even though last year it all rested on my schoulders to do tree, lights, and decorating because of the deployment... auuughhhhhh! So glad it will be a team effort this time.
On a different note, we spent the evening with some great friends and got a chance to have a long standing traditional "Burn" (with a fire pit); the temps dropped quickly but we still managed to get cozy next to the fire all the while roasting marshmellows and making S'mores to snack on. The kids loved it. Heck, the adults loved it. What a way to end a busy (and filling) week.
As yesterday was not only Thanksgiving, but also my "Thankful Thursday" entry (both of which I missed)... let me just take a moment and give thanks for/to:
- all the love that surrounds me
- my most handsome & caring husband
- my two beautiful & healthy children
- being so blessed that we are going to bring another child into this world soon
- my dear friends who stand by me through all of the ups & downs in my life and who give me the support I need to endure
- my health
- my career... teaching is a passion and I'm so glad that my flame has not even begun to burn out.
- the military... although it is difficult everyday to be a member & spouse in a military family, it this same organization that gives us our strength, our livelihood & the courage we need to take on each day.
- my students who teach me something everyday & make me a better person.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
- I'm not in maternity clothes yet... although N-O-T-H-I-N-G fits (or fits the same anymore)... at this point, I just feel fat. Actually, anyone who doesn't know I'm pregnant... probably also thinks I'm just getting fat.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Video Clip - The other weekend, Thomas & Daddy went fishing out on our neighbor's pier/dock. After a while, Abby & me walked down to see what all the fun was about and to see if they had caught anything. As they were starting to pack up their things, Thomas decided that he had plans for the little bait fish and shrimp. Watching him do this was so funny, it hurt to laugh after a while. Meanwhile, be sure to notice how interested Nosey Nelli (aka: Abbigail) is with everything going on. If only she could get in on the action - it would make her day.
Video Clip - Abby has finally figured out (with encouragement) how to "escape" when I put up the gate. Actually, the gate is more for keeping Ziggy out of the back bedroom area rather than keeping them in. Please don't think that I am operating some juvenile delinquent center of something. Anyway... here is the new escape artist.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Thanks to my in-laws, Brian & I enjoyed a relaxing late afternoon at a friend's promotion party and then went out on a date night to dinner with some great friends. After picking up the kids from Grannie & Grandpop's house, we kept the music & the conversation soft in the car ride home since it was dark & we wanted the kids to hopefully fall (back to) sleep. Out of the blue, Abby started squealing with delight, making all kinds of zurburt sounds and giggling.
Mommy: "My goodness Abbigail, are you delirious or have you been drinking tonight?"
Thomas: "I've been drinking tonight!"
Mommy & Daddy: (after a round of cracking up) "I hope not Thomas."
Thomas: "I HAVE been drinking tonight!"
Daddy: "Please don't tell the officer that if we get pulled over tonight."
Never a dull conversation with Thomas.
We still haven't learned to watch what we say... even the things we are joking about.
Lord, please help us learn a lesson.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
There is truely nothing I am more thankful for than my family & my health. Not only do I have my family (parents & sister as well as extended family), but also my husband's family who love me unconditionally. Even more, I have MY FAMILY... my loving & wonderful husband and two beautiful children who are the center of my world. I have said before that I am blessed; Brian and I are blessed; so blessed to have true love in our lives... each other, our children & our families.
Monday, November 15, 2010
T: My mouth hurts, Daddy!
D: Why? Is it because you talk so much?
T: Yes, its because I talk a lot.
D: Well make sure you tell Mommy when we get home.
And this is one reason that Daddy has nicknamed Thomas, "Mouth of the South." He's a talker. By the way, I was being slightly sarcastic about the ride being a refreshing change for Daddy - Thomas talked the entire 40 minute ride home & Abby cried & whined most of that time too. Ha! Welcome to Mommy's world.
At least I know at home and on the weekends, things will be easier for us when it comes to putting the final touch on getting dressed and getting out the door.