Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Left-handed artist

Most of you who follow this blog know by now that we think Thomas is left-handed. He eats, colors and does most everything else a 2-year toddler can do with that left hand. Occasionally he will use the right hand, but will usually switch back to the left side moments later. Anyway, here we are coloring today after his afternoon snack. He is getting so much more precise and detailed with his coloring - its really kind of interesting to watch. Maybe because I'm with him everyday now & I'm noticing more, but he is doing pretty good. Wait a second, I hope you don't think I mean he is coloring inside the lines or drawing recognizable figures - I don't mean that at ALL! What I mean is he is trying to color on certain features of a picture. For example, see 2nd picture:
Airplane - notice how he tried coloring the round windows, the wings & the tail of the airplane, as well as the clouds? That is what I'm talking about... he seems to be actually paying attention to what he wants to color as opposed to randomly just taking the crayon and going crazy. Hmmm... could this be the sign of a talented left-handed artist? He-he... Mommy's dreaming big for her little man.

No comments: