Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers (Old Lady Version)

It's the best time of the week again - Friday! I'm a true believer in TGIF! So, without wasting any time on chit-chat, here is the end of the week scoop from the HeckLures.
  • My body screamed at me on M, W, and today as I forced myself back on my regimented running routine. My right knee, my left heel and my entire lower back absolutely hates me this week. I have no idea why either because I hadn't stopped my running from this summer; instead I just eased up and wasn't running quite as much for about 3.5 weeks. You'd think I had stopped altogether without how achie & sore I am. This weekend's "long" run might not be any better. I'm just telling myself to suck it up and next week is a fresh start... my body will certainly fall in line and do what is expect by then. Won't it? I must be an old lady or something.
  • I don't want to ruin our good streak, but Thomas has been staying dry for most of this past week. No accidents at night, so can I get an "AMEN" please? Recently Daddy has been getting Thomas to hit the potty one last time before we turn out the lights (in addition to the potty that he does when we are brushing teeth) so that he is "empty" and will have good dreams. For whatever reason, Thomas likes to be able to boast that "he is officially empty and can now go to bed and stay dry!" Hey Bud... whatever will keep the sheets dry by morning.
  • Abby is teething again - one of her back molars has busted through along with some whiteness showing along the gum area for 2 more teeth (possibly incisors). There isn't much drool, but there is definitely lots of biting on things and whining. Oh poor little girl.
  • Visited the optometrist this last week to find out that my eyes have once again gotten worse. On top of the news that my contact lens prescription is -5.50 in one eye and -5.25 in the other now, I also was reprimanded by the doctor when he found out that my routine for caring for my lens consisted of nothing more than storing them in saline solution each night and wearing the lenses until they ripped (which was often times several months). I know - I'm awful.
  • My hubby is packing his bags for the cool CO weather that he says he is not looking forward to. When you are a water guy like him, who insists that he needs to smell and feel the salt water weekly or he can't function properly - the Rocky Mts. and the fresh air mean nothing to him. Don't ask me how he apparently survives for 8 months of the year when he is in Afghanistan? I'm sure he will live just fine as long as he dresses warm now that temps are starting to drop there.
  • Looking forward to another milestone tomorrow... another year, another gray hair. Except this year, I have my hubby (not here most years) & my 2 muchkins with me to celebrate my birthday. Life is good.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Happy birthday to you ...
Happy birthday to you....
Hope it's a wonderful day!
Enjoy every moment of it ;)
xoxoxxo