Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend catch up

Just some pictures from the weekend of Thomas & Abby...
While Abby napped one day, Thomas wanted to ride in his wagon along the street. I was the sucker who ended up having to pull him.
Relaxing and enjoying the view
He later traded vehicles and wanted to ride through the water puddles along the street. Notice his "bucket" in back (which dumps like a dump truck) - he will usually collect pinecones and stuff along the way and then play with his "treasures" once back in the garage.

Still practicing his fishing and casting - don't worry Daddy - he will be ready for fishing season when you return!!!!

OK... funny story...
Nana, Thomas, Abby & me went to Pensacola NAS on Sunday because they were having a baby/kids sale and we were sure there would be some great deals. We were right except everything I wanted to get they were sold out of ... FIGURES, right? Anyway, Thomas grabbed my hand and says, "Com'on Ma-Ma" and begins to lead me down one of the clothes isles in the little boys section. He acted like he knew exactly where he was going. He turned the corner (still holding my hand) and stared directly at the display of little boys underwear. When he laid his eyes on the "CARS" and "Thomas the Train" briefs, his eyes opened very wide and he said, "WOW Ma-Ma." I was cracking up laughing inside but managed to keep a straight face. I then told Thomas that those were big boy underwear and they were for big boys who use the potty. I asked him, "Do you want to use the potty, Thomas?" There was a long silence as he continued to gaze at the underwear and think about my question to him. He finally turned his head to me and said, "maybe." What does that mean? I guess we will see if he really is ready to start using his potty on a regular basis.

Video Clip - Breakfast on Sunday morning with my two little darlings!


No comments: