Monday, September 7, 2009

Up & Out

I know that many parents have been dealing with this from the time their child/children could climb out of the crib - but not us - we have not had this worry thus far. Until now that is.

When Thomas wakes up, he has always made some noises or called for Daddy/Mommy when he was ready to get up. Even in the middle of the night, he NEVER (I repeat, NEVER) has gotten out of bed. That is until this week. I guess I should be thankful he hasn't gotten out of bed and just wandered the house, but still the same, it is making me a little nervous.

Either in the morning or after his nap, several times this week he has just gotten up and out of bed and opened his door and once he lays eyes on me says, "HI Ma-Ma!" The first time it happened I almost fell on the floor because I was shocked. But this morning, I felt like throwing up. It was 6:45am and I was still sleeping. He didn't make any noise (trust me because I'm a light sleeper) and just walked into my room and said, "HI Ma-Ma!" I was so thrown off that I scooped him up into bed and just hugged him wondering to myself how long he had been up????

Aughhhhh - how do parents whose kids do this all the time deal with this feeling? I'm hoping it is a phase. Is that being too unrealistic? I hope not. I like when my toddler still needs me and calls for me. It means he still needs me (and is safe).

No comments: