Saturday, September 5, 2009

Man Chores

My first full weekend on DD (deployment duty) and I would say it has been very successful. Let me first explain that I don't like DD. It means that I am in charge of everything: the house, the kids, the finances, the yardwork, the vehicles and the dog. EVERYTHING. Up until this weekend, I have really just been trying to get into the swing of things with Brian gone; but today it really hit me - DD has begun. The yardwork had to be done (picking up poop, picking weeds, mowing the grass) and the brake lights on my mom's car were not working so they needed to be fixed... since the man of the house is not available... I had to take care of these "Man Chores" myself. I bitch & complain in my head the whole time I'm doing this stuff but when I'm done, I really do feel accomplished. Granted none of it gets done at the speed Brian does it, but the bottom line is it gets done. So to recap, today entailed me being lawnman and auto repairman. In addition, I took care of my stuff inside the house (laundry, linens, vacuuming, etc). Did I mention E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G is on my plate? God I miss Brian. If not for anything more than sharing house responsibilities... just kidding... I miss him for all the other reasons too! :)

No comments: