Saturday, September 5, 2009

End of summer

We all know that Labor Day Weekend marks the end of summer. However, here in sunny Florida the warm weather will last well into late October or early November. Matter of fact, in the past (before children) I have been known to be laying out on the white sand beaches in my bathing suit right around Halloween. The other thing about Labor Day weekend is my birthday...

This year I turned 35! Yes, that officially means I am in my mid-30s. Ouch. Yes, mid-30s. Some days I still think I'm a 20-something (although on other days my body tells me differently), but I guess I look back at my (young) life, I really have gone some places, done some things, met some people and have a wonderful life to show for it. But... dang... I'm not young any more.

Anyway - to celebrate, my mom took me (and the kids) out to dinner on Friday night at one of my favorite places on the bayou in Niceville - Guiseppi's Seafood Restaurant. Next to the food, the best part is the location right on the water. As you can see from some of the pictures below - we enjoyed walking along the docks and even feeding the fish.


Out on our morning walk/bike ride, Thomas discovered this fallen palm branch on the side of the road. Curious to see what it was, he parked his bike and went and picked up the broom-like branch. Before I could blink, he was "sweeping" away the rocks on the street. He looked up at me and said, "my broom Mommy" and proceeded to pull it and his bike all the way home. I think he just really likes how it sounds when he "swishes & sweeps" it across the ground. Little things amaze kids - so why do we even bother to buy toys?



No comments: