Sunday, September 6, 2009

School Starts

This is Thomas' last weekend of summer; Tuesday morning he heads back to school (daycare) and will be in a new classroom with Ms. Amy and the rest his 2-year old friends! Last week, we made a trip into town to visit and say hello to everyone. When we got there, Thomas was very reluctant to go inside, but I just reminded him that we were only there to visit & say hello. Once inside, Ms. Amy told Thomas that she already had his cubby waiting for him. I think he was really surprised to see some familiar faces, especially his little friends who were once in the 1-year old room with him. Anyway, every year going back to school is not easy the first week; there is usually tears, holding onto my leg and not wanting me to leave, but I'm confident he will adjust quickly and before long will be running into school & will hardly look back at me. I really think it is important to get Thomas back into the swing of things (remember, he has had an extra long summer home with me) & back with kids his own age. Meanwhile, Abby and I will still be at home a little while longer and will enjoy some 1-on-1 time with each other. It really will be a good situation for all. Wish us luck!

No comments: