Monday, September 28, 2009

First day

Wish me luck - tomorrow is my first day back to work. I am excited (as I am every year on the first day of school), anxious to get the school year going reconnect with my seniors and meet my freshmen for the first time. Today, however, was Abby's first day at daycare and it turns out she was fantastic all day. Not that there was any doubt, but I did worry a little about the new environment for her. Of course, when you have an over protective brother (well... actually just really lovey) like Thomas who got upset when it was time for Abby to go back to the infant room with Ms. Betty, I really did know she would be fine. He just likes to be around her all the time. The nice thing about the teachers at the daycare is that anytime that Thomas wanted to see her, they would let him peek in on her. After about an hour, he was fine and knew that she was in good hands.

I know that I will be exhausted by tomorrow afternoon (and really the rest of the week) - its tough work building your "teaching" endurance back up again after being off for the summer since early June. My poor feet have only been in flip-flops (with the occasional running shoe lately) since spring - they are going to be in for a shocker tomorrow when I put my heels on in the morning. Coffee is prepped, lunch is made, bottles are packed for Abby and a breakfast snack is ready and waiting for Thomas at the door. I'm going to hit the hay early tonight because the day begins WAY before the rooster gets up - we are out the door at 5:45 am which means that the alarm is due to go off somewhere around 4am so that I can shower, get ready and also give Abby an early morning feeding. Auughhhh - not looking forward to that. Wish us luck!

No comments: