Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Great start!

It was indeed a great 1st day of school for Thomas! Everything from a smooth "get-up-and-go," to putting on socks and "school shoes" (as opposed to the Crocks/Flip-flops we have worn all summer), to meeting Ms. Amy with a smile and wanting to go and say hi to friends once we got to school! As I scooted out the door after giving him a hug & kiss, I wondered if this first day of school would go smoothly for him and if he would enjoy it?

I think he had a super day (based on all signs he gave), but what was most heartwarming are all the wonderful things that the different teachers said about Thomas as I came into his school to pick him up this afternoon. They were so impressed that he knew his numbers (1-10); they would show him a random number and he would know it. They did the same things with colors and shapes throughout the day! I was filled with so much pride and excitement for Thomas as the teachers were praising him - "my little guy was doing so good" is what was running through my head.

When I went out on the playground to get him, he flashed me his smile and came running over and hugged me. Oh boy did I miss him today. One of the best feelings in the world is to have the unconditional love of your little boy. See... it was a good day for sure.

No comments: