Friday, June 4, 2010

OH no she didn't!

I'm referring to the college girl who blew by me last night on my run.  WTF?  Here I was, on my 3rd night of running here in beautiful Ft. Collins.  Of course the elevation is obscene compared to the sea-level I'm used to running at... but that is beside the point.  I've been doing pretty good with improving my time and adding just a little bit more distance each evening to my runs. I was feeling pretty good, despite my lungs being on fire... that is until this 19ish-year-old passed me like I was standing still.  Oh that chapped my ass BIG TIME!  So I picked up my speed to see if I could close the gap between us - I guess that's my mental strategy I play with myself?  Who knows.  Those of you who know me know that I'm pretty competitive and crap like that just doesn't settle well with me.  So... I picked up the pace AND added distance.  No... I never did catch her but damn if I didn't finish faster than I had any other night (and I went farther).  That right there was victory in my head... it felt awesome!
Tonight I switched up my routine and decided to head over to the CSU gym and get a work out in on the elipitical machine.  Oh man did it feel good to sweat and just make my heart pound and work my body.  I swear it is addictive to workout/run and just put your body to good use.  For about 3 weeks now I've really done a pretty good job of consistantly working out and I can't wait to continue doing this through the summer time!

No comments: