Friday, June 4, 2010

Beauty & Oddness

If you are from the Gulf Coast (or have even been a visitor), you know that the sunsets are priceless. And if you happen to be lucky enough to be with your sweetie (or even some good friends) and are enjoying a frosty beverage while you watch the sunset - well, it goes without saying that it is a beautiful thing.

Brian enjoyed an evening with some friends of ours who are getting married tomorrow (congratulations Ryan & Lindsey) - I wish I had been there to enjoy the moments with my Sweetie Pie but Brian was sure to send a picture... I hope it wasn't to rub it in! I'm sure he meant that he missed me! :)

Quite opposite of the gorgeous Emerald Coast is the beautiful Rocky Mts. I sent this to Brian so he could see what I was enjoying as I walked back across CSU campus from dinner. Nice, huh? And yes, there is plenty of snow up there ontop of the highest of the Rocky Mts. But down here... we have been blessed with some pretty nice weather. Mornings have started cool but quite comfortable at about 60 degrees and by mid/late afternoon it has been about 85 degrees. No complaints here.
My walk home after a long day of AP Reading. Aren't the trees and the really green grass awesome?
Oddity here on CSU are the squirrels.
It's like they are domesticated or something.
They will practically come up to you and check you out. On occasion, I have caught myself doing a double take at a squirrel & have actually thought that he/she was going to start running after me. Case in point... tonight as I walked back from dinner and was about to head inside up to my dorm room, this squirrel was eating some left over ice cream out of a wrapper that must have been in this trashcan. As a chuckled and moved closer to take a picture, he didn't even budge. He raised an eyebrow at me and looked up at me with one of his eyes (and was sure to keep his other eye on the ice cream). I swear... this is so odd. On top of that - the squirrels are HUGE here. It's almost like they are on steroids. Maybe it's the fresh mountain air. Maybe it's all the organic foods and wholesomeness out here in CO. Whatever it is... these are some big domesticated, unafraid, bold squirrels on CSU campus. Beware.

This lady was actually feeding these two squirrels peanuts at lunch today... I watched them come as close as 3 feet from her to get the nuts that she had thrown them. Craziness. Wierd and very odd at the same time. I guess that is part of the Colorado experience.

No comments: