Friday, June 25, 2010

Classics

Had another early morning run today but decided to make it a solo run without Ziggy. Some mornings I just don't feel like handling the "crazy" dog for the first 3/4 miles. He gets into his running routine after that, but still. Instead, it was just me and my tunes for 3.5 miles. Good start to a Friday.

On a total unrelated note, Disney Classic movies. Thomas is a HUGE fan of movies like Cars, Toy Story, Shrek, Finding Nemo and Lion King. However, up until recently, I have discounted showing him any of the classic hits like Dumbo and Jungle Book (to just name a few). Not sure why. Between my MIL & my mom, they each have tons of these movies at their house. Only problem is they are all VHS. The reason that is a problem is I do not have a VHS player anymore. They each do, but the Heck household is strickly DVD only. Like I said, recently he has seen some of the Disney favorites and seems to like them just as much, MAYBE even more than his tried & true Cars, Toy Story, etc ones.

My MIL had a friend keep their eyes peeled for Dumbo on DVD. We are talking yard sales, thrift stores, online stores, etc. Low & behold - they tracked down a DVD copy for just $5. What a deal. So... this movie might be making the trip with us up to Baltimore/DC next week with our portable DVD player for the airplane.
Yesterday, while visiting Grannie & Grandpop, he got a sneek peek preview of The Jungle Book and loved the songs, animals and adventure the "boy-cub" was on. I can't wait to see his expression as he enjoys the entire Disney classic. I guess I'm going to have to start searching for these great movies on DVD. Because I'm not getting a VHS player. I'm too spoiled with DVDs.

No comments: