Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SAHM

It is offically that time of year again where I am blessed to be a SAHM for about 2 months! For those of you who are a little slow... SAHM means "Stay-At-Home-Mom". I should be clear though... this summer is shorter than normal summer breaks. We are ending a "late" school year in mid-June, but our school district approved a different start date for school and we will be on the "early" school calendar which puts us back in school the first week of August.

What does this all really mean? Kids end up with about 7.5 weeks and I have about 6.5 weeks of summer as opposed to a break that is usually 3 weeks longer. Oh well. Nothing you can do. Sorry, I digress.

I really do enjoy the summer break when I can be home with the kids and be relaxed. It normally takes us about a week to get into a new routine, but after that - it's all gravy. I'm sure we will be busy with swimming (in both Grannie/Pop-pop's and Nana's pool), playing, learning and just enjoying the non-commute that we will have. We do have one big trip planned right now which is in less than 3 weeks. We will head to MD and VA to visit the Hecks & the Sullivans respectively for a week. Although Thomas has flown several times on an airplane, he remembers none of them. Needless to say, he is very excited about the upcoming trip on a BIG plane. Abby probably has no idea what she is in for but I know she will be good to go.

We are also trying to schedule a long weekend trip over to Carrabelle, FL (which is better known as part of the "Forgotten Coast" along the Gulf of Mexico. We are aiming for late July. We would also like to think that there will be lots of fishing trips out on the Gulf this summer, but inevitably and sadly, that is most likely not going to happen due to the BP Oil Spill.

I know my SAHM days are limited. With so many fun things to do with the kids, I hardly think there will be time for it all. From the Heck SAHM...

No comments: