Monday, June 7, 2010

Donation

Each year, as an extra "thank you" for taking part in the Annual AP Reading, we are given small gifts (on top of the nice paycheck that comes with this gig).  This year, our gifts included a backpack, fuzzy blanket and travel coffee cup.  Although a nice gesture, the only thing that really peeked my interest was the travel coffee cup... who couldn't use another one of those?  But in all truth, I really kind of dreaded having to pack more things in my suitcase and bring them home when I know they wouldn't get used.  That is until someone at the AP Reading had a great idea earlier this week...
... donate them to people who could really stand to use them.  Duh.  That does make sense.  So, as of this afternoon, almost 500 of the 850 of us have donated all or part of our "gift" set to the Ft. Collins Homeless Shelter.  Isn't that incredible?  Most people were like me and just kept the coffee cup, but what a contribution... surely that will make a small difference for people who are less fortunate.

On a different note, Saturday night I went into Ft. Collins with some friends (that I met last year) and we ate dinner at a Indian restaurant (ironically named the Taj Mahal... see, I'm fitting in all the World History I can... he-he... I'm so funny).  We also took a few of the standard "tourist" pictures in town.  See below.  Michelle with the BIG, BLACK Colorado BEAR.  Well at least Thomas will find it interesting when Daddy shows him my pictures.  Enjoy!

No comments: