Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Early bird gets the worm

At least that is how the old saying goes. I think this morning holds true. This morning started at 4:30 AM when my alarm went off and I quickly dressed for my early morning run.  I also grabbed the leash and took Ziggy with me so he could enjoy some heart-pumping exercise all before the sun came up.  Upon my return, my hubby was finishing getting ready for work and already had the coffee brewed.  Between gulping water and enjoying my coffee while we chatted before he left - it was such a good feeling to know that I had already gotten my run out of the way for the day.

Usually my two munchkins get about around 6AM, so I knew that I only had about 30 minutes before the day was in full swing.  I figured I would be productive and get the laundry started and bake some banana bread.  I know... don't I sound like Holly Homemaker?  I did all this by 6:10am when Thomas came strolling out of his room.  When he peered into the oven and asked what I was cooking - he was so excited to learn it was one of his favorites.  Hey... another good start to the early morning.
Abby followed suit shortly after Thomas, but by then I had already enjoyed my 2nd cup of uninterrupted coffee.  Wow!  I'd say this was a good start to the day.  And the bonus?  It really wasn't that hard to get out of bed at the early hour.  Maybe that is because I knew deep down that it was going to feel really good to hit the pavement and get a good sweat.

No comments: