Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Getting in the CO Grove

Mommy Blog - Before anyone of you complains about all of these "mommy blogs" and no pictures of Thomas, just remember that I am in CO and he is in FL with Daddy. All I have is a laptop (and Brian has the camera) and I haven't received any pictures from Brian yet via email of my little munchkin. Patience people!

I've started to adjust to our high elevation here and I don't feel nearly as winded as I did on the 1st day. The last two days have been going fairly well with the AP Collegeboard Reading - today I read about 60 essays (all the same stuff) and I really feel like I'm in the grove of things. For those of you who are unaware of what the 'heck' I'm doing, I'm one of 800+ teachers/professors who are grading the essay portion of the national AP World History exam that students take in May. It is a week long job, 8am - 5pm everyday! But if you noticed from an earlier blog post, it is totally worth it.

On a Thomas-related-note, when I called tonight to say goodnight to the munchkin man, Brian put the phone on speaker and let him hear my voice. It was so precious and adorable (and brought tears to my eyes) when he said, "Hi Ma-Ma", "Hi Ma-Ma". He also tried to say to tell me about his trucks and puzzles that he was playing with, but I didn't quite understand what he said (Brian translated for me). At the end of the conversation, he said, "Bye, Bye Ma-Ma." *Sigh* I wish I was home right now with my two boys. I told Brian I just don't know how he does it when he goes TDY or deploys for as long as he does???? I know he misses us, but I might have to go AWOL if I was in his position so that I could come home and see my little munchkin each night.

No comments: