Saturday, June 6, 2009

FL & CO reports

Mommy Blog - Don't worry everyone, my trip is coming to a close and there will be far fewer "Mommy blogs" next week. Meanwhile, deal with me as I make it through my week away from home.

FL report - Daddy & Thomas are doing well together. Glad to hear that Thomas isn't treating Daddy to any special behaviors... still getting up in the 6 o'clock hour on a Saturday morning (dare I chuckle). They are having a good time together - lots of boy stuff. I believe today involved truck, pool and boat stuff through the afternoon. Brian did say that I need to make a haircut appointment with Ms. Peanut for next week because his hair is out of control... "bed head" must be crazy in the AM. I'm on it Daddy... consider it taken care of! I sure hope they are both missing me and not having too much fun!

CO report - Beautiful, beautiful weather is all I have to say. 50 degrees and sunny in the morning as I head out to breakfast and then off to the AP grading. Just right for a light jacket and a warm cup of coffee! By lunch it has been gorgeous - 70 degrees and even sunnier. Matter of fact, I decided to skip lunch today (don't worry, they give lots of snacks all day) and take a 45 minute nap under a tree. It was great and just the kind of thing I needed mid-day. I wish I had my camera because there is still snow... yes, SNOW... on the Rocky Mts in the distance and I would love for you to see just how gorgeous it is.

Anyway - looking forward to tomorrow afternoon because my good friend Laura is driving up from Colorado Springs to visit and have dinner with me. We were stationed together in Lajes, Azores and haven't seen each other in almost 3 years. We have a lot of catching up to do and I'm quite sure I'll have a story to share after we visit. OK... so my trip is on the downslide. Rumor has it we are finishing up early on Monday afternoon and then I'm jumping on a morning flight out of Denver on Tuesday. With any luck, my two boys will be waiting for me at the airport with open arms and lots of kisses!!!

No comments: