Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Don't FREAK out!

OK... I never thought this would ever happen to us, but it has. OMG! Brian went into the bedroom tonight to change out of his uniform & out of the corner of his eye he saw something blackish poking out of the bathroom door. He looked down and realized it was this... a small snake! Aughhhhh, in my house! A snake was in my house. Don't FREAK out Michelle! Thank God Thomas or Ziggy wasn't the first to discover it. Heck with that - thank God I wasn't the first to see it because I would have passed out! I detest snakes. OK, but moving on. Brian trapped the snake (finally) in a paper bag and the entire family trekked across the street to let him go. I know, I know - some of you are probably saying, "kill the snake; off with his head!" But Brian decided it was nonvenomous and the best thing to do was put him back in the woods.

Before release
Trying to get a good look at the colors - making sure we have nothing to worry about.

Brian trying to determine what the underside looks like... another indication of if we should be worried or not. Check out other Florida snakes here.


No comments: