Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Altitude

Mommy Blog - Let me first say that I miss both of my boys. It really is different when I'm the one leaving them behind (compared to Brian leaving us on a TDY/deployment). I'm the one all alone in a new place with new faces. I know that I will be anxious to get on the plane next Tuesday to come home and see them & get some loves.

OK... this altitude is kicking my butt! Ft. Collins is at a higher elevation than Denver (the Mile High City) so as you can probably imagine - my big 'ol pregnant butt is slowly trecking around campus/town. I almost feel pathetic that people are passing me by like I'm standing still. I realize that I am quite pregnant and it is acceptable, but those of you who know me well, know that I'm pretty athletic and fairly competitive. Well this crap is not sitting well with me. Trust me when I tell you that I'm drinking plenty of water and have gotten plenty of rest, but just feel out of sorts so far this week. Not to mention also that today's weather was rainy and 55 degrees - a far cry from the beautiful climate of Navarre, FL.

Now don't get me wrong - already this has been an incredible learning experience. The AP Collegeboard Grading is an enormous professional development (PD) opportunity that I feel blessed to have been accepted to. What other teachers' PD will fly you out to a beautiful place, pay for all of your meals (by the way both of these there are no out of pocket expenses), and then give you a great training for the week and hand you a nice size paycheck at the end of the week to say thanks for coming? Heck ya!

No comments: