Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers


Is there really such a thing as a short week? Each week on this day, I seem to ramble on about the same "long week"... I just want to know... is there such a thing as a short week? My answer: Only when you are hoping something will last forever because it is so wonderful. On the other hand, when it is work and the only thing you can't wait for is the weekend so you can sleep in (until 6am) and then hang out in 'jammies and hug, squeeze, kiss and play with the kids on Saturday & Sunday... that is the time that just flies by. So, here's to the weekend being here and lots of laziness for all of us!
  • Abby had many daily reports that all sung the same tune... "Bad girl, Bad girl... what ya gonna do!" The girl is making it clear to all that she is not the same kid as her brother was: pinching, yelling, tantrums, ripping a book (on purpose)... I'm sure biting is not far away either. And of course, as soon as we get home and Daddy scoops her out the of the car, he declares, "My sweet, beautiful little girl couldn't possibly be guilty of any of those things!" Oh is he wrapped around her finger (and blind)!
  • Got some runs in this week which of course felt great. One AM run; One PM run. Looks like Sunday Brian and I have decided that we will toss the kids in the running stroller and have a AM family run... need to start logging some of those long runs now because the race will be here before we know it.
  • Thomas may possibly be wavering on the idea of being a Beetle for Halloween. With no persuasion from me at all, he told us the other night that he would like to be a Bee. I'm not sure if I'm relieved because I can find a Bee costume just about anywhere OR irritated because I have already logged many a nights researching how to make a Beetle costume. Oh well... rolling with the punches.
  • One grading period done with the school year... three more to go! That equates to 135 days left.... roughly... but whose counting, right?
  • It has just occurred to me that we are about three weeks away from the entire 2010 lengthy Holiday Season beginning. Can you believe that we are going to blink & Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years will be here & gone and we will be into the 2011 year. That is depressing. I say that only meaning that it is going to fly by. I love the holidays... especially since the hubby is home this year for all of it. Well, he should be home for most of it baring any short notice TDYs that are very likely. Oh well... close enough.
  • Sorry... didn't mean to throw out the holiday feelings already. Mums the word.

Enjoy the weekend folks! Tootles!

1 comment:

Danifred said...

It never really occurred to me that the holiday season is upon us- oh my! It does happen so quickly though!

Hope next week is fabulous for you!