Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Fireman's rescue

We are in the midst of getting ready for bed the other night.  I've already taken Thomas' clothes off and am struggling with Abby to get her undressed also.  As soon as I finish, I lean back and while laying on my back look up to see that Thomas has come back into Abby's room (completely naked) with a red fireman's hat on.  I start chuckling and ask Thomas,

M: What'cha doing bud?
T:  I'm here to rescue you!
M: Rescue me?
T: Yes, you need to be saved!
M: Why do I need to be saved by a fireman?
T: Mommy... you have fallen and need help getting up... I am here to rescue you!
M: (I'm hysterically laughing at this point with tears in my eyes) OK... please rescue me Mr. Fireman (who has no clothes on)!
T: OK! (and reaches down to help me sit up)
M: OH, thank you so much for saving me!
T: (reaches over and pretends like he is handing me something) Here you go!
M: What is this?
T: It is my card... it says you have been rescued and thank you for calling!
M: (I now am crying with laughter and practically peeing my pants.)

This kind of thing happens all the time where Thomas says and does the funniest things and it just cracks me up.  Oh the life of a fireman.  Wait... I really hope he doesn't want to be a naked fireman when he grows up... that is just too risky and controversial.  Besides, I"m hoping he will further his education and do something boring and normal like be a teacher or in the military. Oh says his mother.

1 comment:

Brad, Brooke, Abigayle, Rebekah and Indy said...

THAT is so funny! :) It'll be a story he'll enjoy in a few years! HA! I love kids!