Monday, October 25, 2010

Up close and personal... yuck!

I noticed things were a little too quiet the other morning when we were all playing outside. I was setting things up for the pumpkin carving escapade, but my two little explorers were off exploring around.
Here is where I find them first.

Aside from this being totally cute, I'm wondering what on earth the two of them are so focused on? But instead of interrupting - I just let them be.

I come back to find them in yet another corner - nose to the ground, investigative stance ready and up close & personal to... ... a dead beetle.

Yeap, all the excitement was this poor fellow, as well as a squished grasshopper who didn't make it out of the way of the garage door and was now flat as a pancake.

And to think... this was Thomas' original inspiration for his Halloween costume.  Oh I am so lucky that he changed his mind to something more "normal" like Woody from Toy Story.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

This is so awesome and so classic! I could totally see this happening at our house!