Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers (timeouts & tantrums version)

For whatever reason, this week flew by. But also for whatever reason, this week just creeped by. Maybe because it was a "transition" week with Brian home; maybe because we had a mid-week middle of the night wake up call by our youngest and it made for a long night (I think more teeth are coming). Who knows... all I know is I'm glad its over and its Friday Night. So... on to the "leftovers!"
  • Abby did not have an overall good week. Case in point - she had to sit in time-out at school and had a temper tamtrum. Ohhhh what a stubborn girl she is. Brian and I chuckle to think that Thomas went through the same thing, except he had few and far between instances. Abby is chalking up all of her "bad days" in just 2 weeks.
  • I'm now convinced that there will be no way out of buying/making a Beetle costume for Halloween. Thomas is insistant and has not wavered at all when different people have asked him what he will be dressing up. Aughhh. I'm going to start looking. Thank goodness Abby's Ladybug costume is a dime-a-dozen. She surely will be a cutie!
  • Wasn't a great week for running - only got one run in which was on Monday. Brian just asked me if I wanted to go running in the AM while he & the kids had breakfast. Part of me was jumping at the chance to get away and get a long run in. But the other half of me screamed back and was sad to think I would be missing our "Saturday morning-wear your 'jammies-watch some cartoons-eat a yummy breakfast-play together" routine. I don't know... I look so forward to Saturday mornings... I'll have to think about it.
  • Now that it is finally October, the cooler mornings have rolled in and the afternoon temps are such a comfortable low-80s range. Come on October... show us what you got. Each morning the kids and i have left the house with jackets/sweatshirts on and it has felt fantastic!
  • Brian and I are going to attempt to find a real Pumpkin Patch this year in the more rural, northern parts of our areas so that the kids and us can have some fun. It surely will be better than walking down the isles of Walmart and getting one from there.

Enjoy yoru first October weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I am not ashamed to say that we have farmer's markets and pumpkin patches on every corner, yet we bought some pumpkins at Wal-mart tonight. To be fair to myself, T has already been to one farm this year and will go again this week, so it's not like she's not getting the experience.

Good luck with your beetle costume- I do love the idea :)