Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers (playing hookie version)

What a week! It actually has flown by and for the life of me... I can't figure out how/why? Regardless, the weekend is upon us and that means no work (yeah right... I'm a teacher) and all play with my two munchkins! Onto the leftovers...
  • My hubby and me enjoyed a special treat this week together - we both played hookie from school/work on Tuesday to enjoy some time together. I actually called it our "date day" and we had a really good time together bringing the kids to school, eating both breakfast & lunch out, running errands and relaxing at the house. The reason for the impromptu day off was yet another TDY trip that will keep him away for several weeks. So... we spent one last day hanging out... just the two of us.
  • My baby girl actually has gotten two, count 'em 2, "good" daily reports this week at school. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Oh lordy am I hoping that she is just going through a phase and is soon to pull out of her "bad girl" stage. Update Friday night... make that 3 "good" reports... today was especially good! :)
  • Thomas has been especially sensitive this last week (ie: tears, extra hugs, extra snuggling) and I'm wondering if little boys go through PMS?
  • This is the last weeknd before Halloween so me & the kids are going to continue our pre-holiday preparations. Last Sunday we painted pumpkins (pictures will be uploaded soon) and this one will consist of carving the big pumpkins and baking & decorating Halloween cupcakes! Yeah!

2 comments:

Danifred said...

Horray for date day! We used to try to do that now and then, but haven't gotten to it in a long time. You've inspired me!
And those two good reports are awesome! She just needed to find her groove :)

Jules said...

Aw, date day sounds fun! (Boo we had one planned today and now I'm super sick)

Cupcakes sound really good right now.