Friday, October 15, 2010

his reality

To Thomas (and Abbigail) - I'm "mommy." To them, I'm known by no other name. Not Michelle, not Sweetie (Brian's nickname for me), and certainly NOT Mrs. Heck. Here is how this morning's conversation went:

M: Thomas, do you remember where we are going this morning?
T: Yes... we are going to Cha-Cha.
M: That's right bud, we are going to Choctaw for the Homecoming Peprally!
T: Mommy, what are we going to do there?
M: We are going to go eat breakfast in mommy's classroom and then go hear the big band play music!
T: You have a classroom Mommy?
M: yes I do. I have a classroom because I'm a teacher.
T: NO... you are not a teacher. You are a Mommy.
M: Yes, I am a mommy - your mommy. But I'm also a teacher.
T: No... you can't be both of them. Only a mommy.

And there you have it from a 3-year old's standpoint. His reality is I'm only a mommy.

No comments: