Saturday, January 12, 2013

Artsy Fartsy - Hair Bow Holder

 What do you do with a little girl who has close to a gazillion hair bows?
Ok, well maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but still... she has a lot.
 
The answer to her insane amount of bows is to get crafty and make a hair bow holder!
And no, I did not think of this craft myself.  Pinterest is incredibly awesome for people like me who don't know how to do anything creative.
 
Supplies you need:
a wooden letter
Mod Podge
foam brush
scrapebooking paper
ribbon
staple gun
hot glue or super glue for embellishment
 
 
 
 
 Let me just say this about Mod Podge - it is basically glue that can act as a sealant also.
I've never used it before and I was uncertain as to how things would turn out.
I should have trusted my instincts...

 ... because I made a mess and my first attempt was a failure.
In large because I didn't bother to read up on HOW to use the stuff.  Apparently, you are to use it sparingly (and wait for each layer to dry before moving onto the next).  Oops!
 Bubbles underneath everywhere and the pink paper on top smeared.
What a mess!
 So, I started over. 
Including having to pull off the mess & sand down the "A"!
Round #2 was a success!
Once things were completely dry, I added a very appropriate embellishment for Abby...
a heart with a princess crown.
 Next, I needed to add the ribbon that would hold all of her gazillion hair bows.
 
And with a little help from Daddy to hang it in her room,
Abby's new "A" hair bow holder was ready to go!
 There is, however, probably going to need to be another hair bow holder made in the future...
someone else was very interested in it & a little envious for sure!

 

No comments: