Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (First Friday edition)

Happy First Friday of the New Year...
  • Is it time for the kids to go back to school yet?  Seriously.  We have almost had our fill of quality time together and I would hate to see Mommy someone go off the deep end.
  • We are significantly below normal when it comes to snow accumulation - it's ugly & gross because practically everything has melted and is dirty.  Come on Mother Nature... give us some of your best winter magic.
  • We are hardly at the 1/2 way point of winter and it's wearing on me.  I had another dream the other night that I was laying on the beach in a bikini (was that another sign that I need to kick it up a few notches with my running/working out?) while I still had my snow boots on.  Did I mention I was drinking a fufu umbrella drink? *hmmm, yum*
  • Thomas asked me when he was gonna start losing his baby teeth.  He made it very clear that he wanted to lose A-L-L of them!
  • After a few months of not running & working out, I refocused my attention on a new exercise routine that includes both running and lifting weights.  It started this past week and it started early - as in pulling my butt out of bed at 4:15 AM & starting to break a sweat at the gym/indoor track at 4:45 AM.  It feels great to be back on the horse (albeit I'm a bit sore).
  • I like things organized.  I like all things related to organization.  So imagine my surprise (and delight) when I stumbled upon a new, very popular blog.... I Heart Organizing.  I'm addicted.  That is an understatement.
  • Marilyn is talking up a storm.  Seriously.  I think a new word comes out of her mouth every single day.  Just call her "Chatty Cathy" now.
  • The Christmas decor was taken down this week and sadly, everything looks so plain all of a sudden.  Only 11 more months until we can get festive again.
  • And just because I think this video never gets old & is absolutely hilarious, enjoy the "Parent Rap" and laugh along with me:


No comments: