Sunday, January 6, 2013

Birth (day) questions

I'm not sure what prompted today's lunchtime conversation and impromptu Q&A session, but to say it tickled me pink and intrigued me is an understatement.  It just cracked me up to see how the kids' minds work, how sincere and naive every question was.  I loved it.  Although Thomas did most of the asking, Abby chimed in quite a few times with her own questions and Marilyn listened attentively.
Let's review:

I was in your tummy before I was born, right?
How long did I grow in there for?
What did I do while I was growing in your tummy?
How long did I take to come out?
Did it hurt?
How did the doctor's help me be born?
Who was at the hospital when I was born?
Who got to hold me first?
What was Daddy doing the whole time I was being born?
Whose car did I ride in when it was time to go see Abby/Marilyn at the hospital (Thomas)
If I was at Granny & Pop-Pop's house waiting, did I take a nap while I was there?
Why did you decide to name me Thomas/Abbigail/Marilyn?
Do I look more like you or Daddy?
Why do I look more like you/Daddy?
How long did we have to stay at the hospital after I was born?
Was there a party for me when we got home from the hospital?

And the kicker of all questions...
Are we gonna have any more babies?

No comments: