Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (crazy weather edition)


  • Craziness up here in the Great Frontier with our weather.  Very little snow this season, then mass melting this week because Mother Nature turned up the thermostat to the mid-40s, tons of rain & flooding, then she opened the freezer door for it to all turn to ice.  Yep... ice skating rinks on every street, sidewalk and driveway.  The kicker?  Wednesday it started to snow and by late yesterday we had seen close to 9 inches!
  • On that note... here's hoping for a holiday weekend filled with sledding, snowshoeing, and tubing!
  • I decided to turn down a small "teaching" opportunity... I hope I don't regret that.
  • Thomas & Abby were really never biters at a young age.  Marilyn, on the other hand, is using it as her go-to method lately.  Poor Abby has been the victim more often than not. 
  • Brian and I are *this* close to signing up for a 1/2 marathon here in Anchorage in June.
  • I've mentioned before that dragging my butt out of bed to go run in the wee hours of the morning is difficult; however, getting out of bed slightly later to go lift weights down in the garage is far easier mentally.  What a difference an hour makes!
  • As a mother of 3 kiddos, why haven't I learned yet to buy 3 of the same things in the SAME color?  The constant arguing & bickering of the yellow or blue or red "thing" is ridiculous!
  • I feel like 24 hours in a day just isn't enough.  Can I order up an extra 3-4 for each day?  Please.
  • Just for the record, I haven't seen a moose in months.  Months, people.

1 comment:

TeamBolina said...

Aaah! *nudging you towards that half marathon* Running in Alaska sounds like it would be amazing. And probably not something many people get the opportunity to do. You can SOOOO do it! :)