Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (Where's the snow? Edition)

 
  • The official weather report at this moment is we are exactly 48" (4 feet) shy of snow compared to this time last year.  That's crazy, people.  That's as much snow as Thomas is tall. *Whoa*
  • Getting up at 4:15 am hurts - but it sure does feel good when the run/workout is over.  Bonus?  Your body is already burning crazy calories before the first cup of coffee is even enjoyed.
  • Not only is Marilyn sitting up at the table now, she is also insisting on doing most everything herself.  Yes, we have reached the "me do" stage.  She wants to put her pants on, climb into her carseat, {trying to} buckle her seatbelt, pick her placemat, wash her own hair & body, and brush her teeth.  Yes... this Mama is working on a whole new level of patience.
  • I'm still having that reoccurring beach dream - complete with bikini and snow boots.  But the last dream also included the kids building a sand castle with our igloo making blocks and snow shovel.  I'm starting to take this as a sign... one that means I need to get home to Florida (or go on a vacation to Hawaii).
  • I've found out this week that there is a staunchly different way to market yourself (ie: resume) in the civilian world compared to the government world.  Fingers crossed.  And thank goodness for friends who know the "system".
  • I'm not sure why I have recently started thinking about this, but I'm wondering if one day we will have the girls share a bedroom?  Not out of need, but rather out of sisterhood.  I'm not sure... it's definitely a tabled idea.  I think back to my sister and I sharing a room when we lived in CA as young kids & I think we wanted to strangle each other daily. Of course we were 4 years apart in age whereas the girls are only 21 months apart.  Who knows.  Maybe one day soon... or not.
Have a great weekend peeps. 
 

No comments: