Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (Halloween overload edition)

  • I'm not trying to rush the holidays or anything... but did you people realize that Christmas is in two freak'in months?  What?  Impossible, yet true.
  • Both Thomas & Abbigail each had their parent/teacher conferences this week at school and got AWESOME reports from their teachers!  Definitely some proud Mama bear moments there.
  • We could very well be on Halloween overload by the end of this weekend - we have two parties to go to and that doesn't even include trick-or-treating next Wednesday evening.  Lord help me.
  • Speaking of this candy-infested holiday, my house rule is the candy can stay for ONE week.  Period.  That's it.  After 7 days, it goes in the trash.  Period.  I figured that I have the right as the mother to end the sugar insanity in a timely fashion.
  • I won't lie... it's realllllllllly nice having my car in the garage at night during the long winter months.  When it's time to load up in the morning, the car is already warm & cozy despite the single digits outside.  I owe that all to my hubby.  Love you.
  • As my principal internship enters the final weeks and it becomes real that the end is near (can I get an Amen?) ... the job hunt has been kicked up a notch (or several).  Watch out people - I mean business!
  • Because the back of her hair was out of control  & she was starting to sport the not-so-popular Mullet, I had barber John "trim" the back of Marilyn's hair this week before Brian left.  Praise the lord.  I can sleep again.


No comments: