Monday, October 1, 2012

Betty Crocker & Joan Cleaver, I am not!


Let's all be real frank now... I've never been a great cook nor am I an excellent house keeper. 

Don't get me wrong, I like to bake, make casseroles & cook simple{very simple} meals.  Again, nothing extraordinary, and certainly nothing on the scale of Betty Crocker (although I do use her red cookbook quite a lot).  I can assure you I really have no idea how to "just taste a recipe" & see what it is missing or create something from scratch & by my own imagination.  Ha!  That just isn't in my blood.

The same thing can be said about my keeping house.  The basics are always done - bed linens are changed weekly, clean bathroom towels are hung regularly, kitchen is wiped down after every use, laundry is done religiously, and order is kept in the house.  However, if Mrs. Cleaver was to walk into my house, she would most likely be appalled with the dust, the much-needed-to-be-vacuumed floors & the bathrooms that need some attention.

I admit it...
Betty Crocker & Joan Cleaver, I am not!

PS... I'm working on it though.  I hope that counts for something.


No comments: