Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (yummy pumpkins edition)

  • October = pumpkins.  I like pumpkins.  I especially like food & drink made with pumpkin - pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice latte, cupcakes & cream cheese frosting.  You get the idea.  So you can imagine my sheer delight when I saw pumpkin ice cream at the grocery store the other day.  Yummy.  But I'm happy to report that I exercised will power & left the store empty-handed.
  • Thomas & Abby had a successful dentist appointment this week - clean, clean, clean!
  • After the appointment, I guess it didn't occur to Thomas that he would be missing a short amount of school (1 hour & 15 min). That is until we got in the car to leave. I'm not sure if he thought it was hours, days or weeks of school, but the entire ride from the dentist office to his school he told me to step on the gas, go faster, he was going to miss so much work, everyone else would be ahead of him and {here's the kicker}.... there was NO POSSIBLE way he was going to be able to make all that work up. *Gasp*. All this from a kindergartener.
  • I'm happy to report that we had NO more snow since last weekend, everything that did "fly" melted by the next day & we have had highs in the mid-40s & low-50s.  See... I think Mother Nature was teasing us.
  • Unofficially, Marilyn has grown 2 inches in the last 2 months.  Holy Growth spurt!
  • This weekend involves a much-needed home project that will solve my "everything kindergarten & preschool related" overload problem.  I have all the materials & I'm ready to go!  Expect pictures next week!
  • the daylight hours are quickly dwindling.  Auuughh.
  • Abby loves going to school, especially when she gets to ride "her" school bus home on Tuesdays.
  • I've been blessed that Brian has taken leave every Friday for the last month to watch the girls while I go to my internship.  Not only does it save on childcare costs (because I don't have a paycheck) & I can also squeeze in an extra 2 hours per day to meet my requirement.  Bonus though?  Lots of awesome Daddy & Daughter time.
  • Thank goodness I'm beefing up on hours now because Brian is out the door for almost 2 months on a TDY soon.  I'll need every  bit of those hours to break even.
  • I'm hoping that this month we can wean Marilyn from her night-time bottle of milk - I'd love to be a bottle-free house & reclaim my counter space.
TGIF & enjoy your autumn weekend!


No comments: