Saturday, June 23, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (Revolving Door edition)


Hi Friday.  Hi Friends.
  • Today was Hot.  Well, Hot by Alaska's standards (not Florida's).  It reached close to 77 degrees (depending on which thermometer you look at).  For the first time while in Alaska, my kids wore their bathing suits outside and then played in the sprinkler/water fountain toy.  I only wish you could see the excitement.  Pictures to follow this weekend.
  • Today was also the first time I wore shorts, wore a tank top, and also the first time I broke a sweat just standing outside (does not include when I'm on my runs).
  • I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that today was quite possible the most perfect Alaska summer day.  Just in time for the Summer Solstice Celebration this weekend.
  • Speaking of perfect weather... I'm so relieved that my sister and BIL's week here included this amazing weather.  Now if I just didn't have to say goodbye to them tomorrow.  Eleven months was a long time to go without seeing your best friend.
  • The Revolving Door at the Heck Hotel will continue though early next week when our 4th and final visitor arrives - my mom.  Same thing... almost a year is a long time to go without seeing your mom.  Words can not describe my excitement.
  • I took a look inside Marilyn's mouth today to see the teeth situation.  Any day she is about to cut 4-5 new teeth all at the same time.  They are just pushing up against her gums like no one's business and are just ready to make their grand debut!  Poor baby.
  • I'm fairly certain that Abby is going to have a more difficult time giving up the NUK for good when she turns 3 compared to Thomas at that age.  Just say'in.  Even though she only uses them at nap and bedtime, I'm about to kick up "Operation Drop NUK" in the coming weeks.
  • Because Thomas no longer takes a nap now (on a regular basis), he collapses into bed and is usually asleep in the first 5 minutes.  And already in dreamland.

No comments: