Saturday, June 16, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (Me-Me, Mommy edition)


  • I haven't run in 3 weeks and my body feels like crap thanks to my heel pain.  And I'm sure there have been more than a few pounds added because of that.  Thanks Planter Fasciitis.
  • Good news though... saw the foot doc today.  Got x-rays, got cortisone shots, was told to do even more stretching exercises, to ice more, to take my inflammatory meds more, to get custom orthodics ($$$$) and to rest a bit more.  Other than the shots... I knew all of that.  *sigh*
  • Abby and Thomas have been driving each other insane lately.  I'm pretty sure that they need some time away from each other and some more one-on-one time with me and Daddy.
  • Marilyn is starting to give Thomas & Abby a run for their money when it comes to toys.  She has no problem reaching over and snatching something away from each of them.  And then to top it off... she screams bloody murder if they try and take it back.  Clearly we have a feisty one on our hands.
  • Our visit with Grannie & Pop-Pop has come to an end when they leave tonight on a redeye flight.  As with everyone who has visited us so far, it has been extra sweet to enjoy our loved ones again after being away from them for so long.
  • However, without even skipping a beat... my sister and brother-in-law arrive tomorrow night for a week of Alaska adventure!  Yeah!!!!
  • I know this might sound awful, but there are days (many of them) when Abby is driving me crazy with how much she is talking.  Holy Toledo!  It seems to be non-stop.  And the worst part is I hear, "Me-Me, Mommy" (which translates to "Excuse me, Mommy!")  It is so cute though I can't be mad.  At least she is polite, right?  However, if you don't answer her or acknowledge her that very instant... she continues to say it louder and louder until she is screaming it at you - "ME-ME, MOMMY!"  Damn me for teaching her manners.
  • In true Brian fashion, he has traded in his old truck for another old truck.  This one is still as big except now he final has gotten his hands on a diesel.  The man goes through trucks (perfectly good ones at that) like a fashionista goes through shoes.  It makes me laugh just thinking about it.
  • In an effort to get ahead, I found this great idea for a Father's Day present on Pintrest awhile back that is just too adorable.  I can't believe that it is two days away and I haven't done any of it.  Guess tomorrow I will have to put on my creative hat to get it done.
Hope your Friday was a good one and your weekend turns out to be super!  Happy Father's Day to all our Dads, Soon-to-be-Dads, Grandpops, and Uncles out there.




No comments: