Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (Procrastination edition)

Excuse my rambling, but all I can muster up is bullets on this fine Friday morning:
  • The truth of the matter is I have no business being on the blog - I have a final paper due in 5 days for this final class and it is tremendous in size, research and writing.  What am I doing blogging?  Easy answer... procrastinating.
  • I can't keep up with all the new words that Abbigail is saying.  It is so awesome.
  • It is so hard to get to bed any earlier than 11pm lately.  The sun is still shining and it does crazy things to your mind and body... like telling it that its OK to still be up and going despite the fact that the alarm goes off in less than 6 hours. 
  • Speaking of sunshine - we are up to almost 19 hours of daylight.  Sunrise is 4:30am and sunset is 11:25pm. 
  • I feel like Marilyn is now running.  Well, maybe not running, but by God she is fast now.
  • We visited another school (and he did great at his interview with the principal) that we are interested in for Thomas to attend next year for kindergarten and it was awesome.  If only there was a magic money tree growing in the back yard.  *sigh*
  • Speaking of procrastination, you know I'm doing it when I have cleaned and scrubbed my ceiling fan.  It ranks right up there with cleaning baseboards - awful and I hate it.
  • Minus 4 days until our next visitors arrive.  So excited to see Grannie & Pop-Pop.  Speaking of visitors, I'm WAY behind in posting pictures and stories from my Dad & Liz's visit about 2 weeks ago.
  • Heading to the doctor today so that I can get a referral to the podiatrist... seriously need this foot/ankle fixed so that I can get back to running.  It has been over a week of no running and I feel like a lazy bum.  I need some serious sweat endorphins!
  • Here's hoping for good weather this weekend so that we can go on a hike with the kids.  It is just way too gorgeous not to hit the trails and enjoy the weather.



No comments: