Thursday, June 7, 2012

1st summer visitors - Sullivans

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm several weeks late with this post.  That is what happens when you are in the final weeks of your course work for your Masters Degree in Administrative Leadership.  I'm happy report that I'm now done with the coursework and only have my internship to complete at this point.  So, with out further delay...

My dad and step mom, Liz arrived in the middle of May, just in time for the season opener of everything... the Alaskan RR summer trips, the Denali National Park, bike rentals around town, most of the glacier/wildlife cruises and even bike rentals around Anchorage.  Talk about perfect coincidence.

After enjoying a day of relaxing and catching up the last year of events and stories, Dad and Liz enjoyed an excursion down to Whittier via tour bus to enjoy a glacier cruise for the day.  I'm happy to report that the weatherman and mother nature cooperated and gave them the most perfect weather to enjoy an Alaskan summer.

Later that week, the kids and us decided to rental some bikes and ride along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail and take in the beautiful weather.  Absolutely gorgeous.  I can't say that enough.  Alaska is simply beautiful.





 After biking several miles, we enjoyed a picnic lunch at the 9th Street park complete with some soccer afterwards.




Dad and Liz also took an amazing trip on the Alaska RR up to Denali National Park.  I'm hoping that Liz will have time in the coming weeks to write a guest blog for me when she finally has a day off and share all the favorite things about their trips.  I had a sneak peek at their pictures and they blew me away.  I hope I will be able to share them with you in the near future.

Meanwhile, on their last night here in Anchorage, we enjoyed a night at a local pizzeria and brewery.  There were lots of laughs and good times had for sure.  What was especially sweet was seeing Thomas with his Grandpa Mike and just enjoying getting to know each other.  

 And of course, spending my time with my dad was priceless.


No comments: