Saturday, November 20, 2010

I certainly hope not...

Funny conversation tonight with Thomas:

Thanks to my in-laws, Brian & I enjoyed a relaxing late afternoon at a friend's promotion party and then went out on a date night to dinner with some great friends. After picking up the kids from Grannie & Grandpop's house, we kept the music & the conversation soft in the car ride home since it was dark & we wanted the kids to hopefully fall (back to) sleep. Out of the blue, Abby started squealing with delight, making all kinds of zurburt sounds and giggling.

Mommy: "My goodness Abbigail, are you delirious or have you been drinking tonight?"
Thomas: "I've been drinking tonight!"
Mommy & Daddy: (after a round of cracking up) "I hope not Thomas."
Thomas: "I HAVE been drinking tonight!"
Daddy: "Please don't tell the officer that if we get pulled over tonight."

Never a dull conversation with Thomas.
We still haven't learned to watch what we say... even the things we are joking about.
Lord, please help us learn a lesson.

No comments: