Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day

I feel like a failure. I feel like I let people down. More importantly, I feel like I didn't do my civic duty & responsibility by voting today. I had every intention on stopping at the polls on the way home today. The problem was the kids. More specifically - Abbigial. She had a slight fever and she cried the entire drive home (FYI... that is 40 minutes in the afternoon traffic). By the time I got in sight of my voting prescinct, I convinced myself that it was going to be even more painful to unload the kids (again, mainly Abbigail) and bring them inside. I had no idea what the crowds would look like at 4:45 in the afternoon but I knew that I didn't want to put anyone else through her crying while they took part in the election.

Man. I really needed to vote too. I just feel pretty worthless right now. I am a registered voter. I have the freedom to vote in the this country and yet... I didn't. I'm not feeling great right now.

At the end of the day, I know that Abbigail just needed to get home and have some lovey time with me and Thomas. After about 20 minutes + Tylenol, she was feeling better. In the end, it is her & Thomas who matter most. I was just hoping to vote today because it is going to effect their future.

Just frustrated.


1 comment:

Danifred said...

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get a chance to do it either. This thing called motherhood always takes precedence, even on election day.