Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers (Riding Solo Version)

TGIF! Can I get an "Amen" to that? Wow, why on earth can't we have more of these wonderful Fridays? Actually, truth be told, if we had more of these days then they would most likely lose their appeal and outstanding ranking as a great day! Oh well... onto the leftovers of the week.

  • I'm riding solo again in the driver's seat of the household. I feel like I do this more often than not, although I had hoped it would not happen quite as quickly from the last return. It's been just shy of 5 months since Daddy returned home from the desert and now he is out making things happen again. Good news this time is he is in the good 'ol US of A and I can chat with him whenever I want. However, it doesn't change the fact that the household has shifted once again to "Mommy in total control mode".
  • This week was awful with a capital "A" for running. By that I mean - no running got done. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Not one mile. Didn't lace up at all. And by week's end, I don't feel good about that at all. I know there is always next week - and I'm holding myself to that. I guess this week was super ubber busy at work and with the aforementioned "shift" at home... it just didn't happen.
  • Thomas had a great week staying dry and no accidents.... that is until this morning. As small as it was, it still meant stripping sheets and starting a load of wash at the A*S crack of dawn (aka 5:30 am) before we leave in the morning. I'm hopeful that Saturday morning will be a good one though.
  • Abbigail has really started to flex her independency lately. When I rally the troops and tell them it is time to go (and it doesn't matter where we are going), her first reaction is to pause for a second (as if she is considering the offer) and then quickly does a "no" dance with her feet and grunts a few times which is then followed by an about-face turn and she walks/runs away in the opposite direction of me. Hmmmmmm.... who does she think she is trying to voice her oppinion like that? I'm not sure where she gets this stubbornness at all. *Sigh*
  • I've been in the market for an upgrade to my camera that recently was kicked dropped fell out of the unzipped camera bag when we were taking the boat out this summer.  Last weekend, we hit up Best Buy to see and touch the big selection and for me to ask lots of questions.  I narrowed my scope and my contenders and decided to do some online investigating this week.  I'm thinking that I might make the big purchase this weekend... I'll keep you posted (of course with pictures also, of the kids not the camera).
Until next time... which will be this weekend... me and my munchkins plan on hitting up one of the really good parks near the water in FWB as well as doing plenty of relaxing.  More to come. 

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I don't know how anyone does the single parent thing (whether it be temporarily or permanent). I cannot imagine how drained you must feel, at times.
Sorry you didn't get your running in. Keeping my fingers crossed for next week for you!