Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers (Colds & Bugs Version)

Busy, Busy, Busy week!  Fridays are always a welcomed day especially after getting me & my munchkins up before the crack of dawn each day.  On to the recap and "leftovers" from the week in our chaotic household:
  • Abby started off last weekend as a sick little girl.  Poor thing woke up Saturday morning with mucus and boogies clogging up her nose and all kinds of other dripp'ins stuck in her eyes.  Matter of fact the little girl couldn't open one of her eyes because they were glued shut.  This happened 3 more mornings and I coudn't stand it any longer for her, so Tuesday we headed to the doctor's office.  Surprisingly, no ear infection... just allergies & a cold.  Nothing a little medicine couldn't clear up.  By yesterday, she was back to her old spunky self.  Thank goodness... two weekends in a row of that would be cruel (for her and me).
  • Thomas has entered a new fasination stage.... Bugs & Insects!  Case in point - the other night at the dinner table, I asked him what he would like to be for Halloween.  After telling me he had to think about it for a minute, he replied, "A Beetle".  I tried to act excited & interested, but deep down I was thinking, "Oh crap, seriously?  Am I really going to have to locate & buy this or worse yet... make one?"  He then proceeded to tell me that Abby would be a lady-bug, Mommy would be a dragonfly and Daddy would be dressing up for Halloween as a big spider.  I guess I should be thankful that we won't have to be a family dressed like all different dinosaurs.  Of course, I'm not sure which is the better choice?
  • Waiting patiently for the "Florida Fall" weather to hit.  I think that it is a joke when I look at the sale ads for clothes and all the models have jeans, sweaters & jackets on and our temps are still between 75 and 95 degrees.  Seriously people....
Enjoy your Friday and much deserved weekend everyone... God only knows I will be savoring mine.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

His costume ideas are AWESOME! Love them! T decided she wanted to be a butterfly this year and wouldn't you know it, the second her little sister saw her costume she wanted the same thing. So, looks like we'll be having 2 butterflies this year- kind of goes with your bug theme :)
Hugs my friend!